Sunday, July 11, 2004

New Old Blog

Decided to use this blog instead of my journal at advogato. I need to be able to post photos :-)


Life


Been living in Lyngby, just 10km north of Copenhagen, for about 5 months



img_2187.jpg
The view from my kitchen


The apartment is kind-of nice, spacious and stuff, but the commute every day is boring. And the neighborhood is kind of for settled people. I miss the city.


Curling


Went to a curling tournament not too long ago in Oberstdorf, Germany. It was a 15 hour drive, about 1300 km south. That was tough. It was not a serious tournament, the theme of the trip was “Don’t you hate pants?”



img_2045.jpg
These people hate pants. They hate them so much


I played with a friend we call Shuffle (don’t ask) and these three norwegian girls I met for the first time



img_2123.jpg
Amazed at the price differential on beer between Norway and Germany


Camilla is on the right, she’s very nice. I got her number :-)


Work


After Germany I had to go to the UK for two consecutive weeks, pulling 12 hour days. That was not a lot of fun. Went to the pub a few times with good collegues though. Then I went to Seoul in Korea



img_2191.jpg
From the Marriott looking north


It was my second time going, I was there in late January for the first time. It was also long days.



img_2193.jpg
Somewhere in Seoul


I managed to see the first game that Denmark played in the EURO 2004, live by satellite. Nice.


GVADEC


GUADEC was nice, I wrote about that here. Good to finally meet Joe after having exchanged a lot of mail with him.



img_2207.jpg
Joe has made up his mind about wireless scanning and HAL


It was also nice to meet Kay



img_2200.jpg
Kay in front of the dodgy ‘Centrum Motel’


and other great hackers



img_2221.jpg
Smoking outside on the last night


HAL


Got my patch for integration HAL and GNOME VFS merged. Also, Jimmac already produced icons for gnome-icon-theme. Way cool!



gnome-vfs-take3-1.png
The patch on my Powerbook running GNOME from CVS

No comments:

Post a Comment